What Ofsted Say About Our School
Ofsted Report 2017
Duke Street Primary School Ofsted Report 2017
- Year after year you have improved all aspects of the school.
- It is very much a team approach at Duke Street Primary, and all pull together with a strong, dedicated work ethic to do their very best for the pupils in your care.
- Staff are happy, motivated and fully committed to the school’s mission and high expectations for good teaching and learning. You have worked hard to ensure that all leaders have the skills and confidence to lead on the areas for which they are responsible.
- Parents agree that their children feel safe in your school and that staff ensure that children are well behaved.
- The school’s core values statement ‘I CARE’ (Individuality, Community, Aspire and Achieve, Resilience and Empathy) is manifest in the daily life of all within the school community. The inclusive nature of the school is driven by an urgency to provide high-quality opportunities which allow pupils to thrive within the school’s caring and supportive environment.
- The value you place, on the need to ensure that all the children need to feel loved, is appreciated by the pupils and parents. As one parent said during the inspection, ‘Duke Street Primary is a great school and my children love being here.’
- You have worked hard to raise the quality of teaching and learning in all phases. During the inspection, pupils benefited from stimulating resources and useful tools that helped them learn.
- Teachers create a very positive climate for learning through their detailed preparation and effective questioning. Pupils are appreciative of the efforts of their teachers and they say that lessons are always fun and interesting.
- In the early years, children benefit from outstanding teaching and learning in a vibrant and stimulating learning environment, with a wonderful outdoor space. They experience a rich curriculum and are provided with many opportunities to develop their imagination.
- From a very early age, staff are committed to doing everything they can to instil in children a love of reading. There is a real buzz about reading around the school and pupils say that they love reading.